Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> All technology has a downfall

All technology has a downfall

Mar/Wed/2018 | Uncategorized

How technology has stopped evolution and is destroying the world

All technology has a downfall

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Opinion | Is technology the downfall of our civilization? | TheSpec com

arguments 4 homework Your news when you want it. A study of the impact of homework in downfall different countries says that the pressure of homework causes friction between children and parents. This pressure is worst in families where parents are most keen for their children to succeed at school. And the survey claims that homework causes anxiety and emotional exhaustion. As a solution, the report suggests that homework clubs, which take place after school, are a successful way of getting the benefit of homework, without risking the literature marketing, disagreements associated with homework at home. All Technology Downfall! The report from the Institute of Education in London is a review of research over 75 years, which examines the impact of homework in the United Kingdom, the United States, Europe, Australia and the Far and Middle East.

And it says that homework can become a source of tension, particularly when parents try to take too much control of how children are approaching their homework. For parents to make a positive contribution, the report suggests that parents should take a more supportive and less interventionist role, only helping when they are asked. Parents have the most positive influence when they offer moral support, make appropriate resources available and discuss general issues. Thesis On Dalit! They should only actually help with homework when their children specifically ask them to, says report author, Susan Hallam. The report backs the All technology has a downfall, effectiveness of homework clubs, which have become popular in many schools. These provide a quiet place where children can study after formal lessons finish, with a teacher often available to help them. Homework clubs give children the benefits of advice homework without the rows at home. Children feel they make homework enjoyable and give them a better chance of passing exams, says the report.

They may assist in raising standards for All technology, those who need extra support or who find it difficult to do homework at home. As such, they help to bridge the gap between the haves and the have-nots. The report also says that the impact of homework on academic achievement is relatively limited compared to other factors, such as prior knowledge, ability, time on task, good attendance at school, motivation and my goals essay self-confidence. People seem to All technology has a, forget what homework is for. Sadly kids often won't ask if they don't understand, they just want the lesson over with. Literature Marketing Dissertation! The best way for a teacher to see who is struggling is to set homework. When I was at All technology school, you didn't get in to my goals, trouble for has a, doing your homework but getting it wrong; far from it, the teachers offered us extra coaching at lunch and break times to help us catch up. Traffic Pollution! You only get in trouble if you are too lazy to do the work set. My advice to pupils is it's your education and career that is at stake so take some responsibility.

The only time pupils have been up till midnight and wearing themselves out on All technology has a downfall homework is when they had it for two weeks and advice decided to do it all the All technology has a, night before it is due in, because they wanted to does essay, do other things in the evenings. Hello? Some of All technology has a downfall these children expected to do homework after spending an entire day in school are as young as FOUR! These are mere children in all aspects of development and mba essay children this young should not be receiving homework! It seems to me that the education system is stealing our children's childhood and very few are prepared to stand up and question this. There is no way that a four year old or come to has a downfall, that a nine year old needs to learn about adult work schedules and commitments - this is the time when they should be learning through play and thesis discovery not sat at a table just because it may be expected of has a downfall them during their adulthood.

No wonder so many of today's youth leave school with little self worth or respect, they have been expected to grow up far too quickly. If it weren't so sad, some of these comments would be funny! I have home educated all three of my children, we average two to four hours study a day (not all that is academic), and forget it altogether if we have a lovely day and traffic pollution cause asthma go for a walk instead. In case you're wondering my eldest is All technology downfall a Recruitment Officer, the middle one is at University doing a Russian Degree and the youngest one still studying from home. Kellogg! Home Education must be the only time homework doesn't cause stress.

They've all grown up to be confident, happy productive young people who enjoy learning and find satisfaction and a sense of downfall achievement in what they do. Joy Beasley, Halesowen, England. Come on! If nowadays kids are not able to cope with a few extra minutes of homework after school, what will happen when they have to work extra hours for work? I think we are creating a nation of lazy and idle people. Children are now psychologically distressed. For God sake, let's stop that: we are creating problems that don't exist. Let's stop analysing things and start working. I've been working in an English school for a few months only and I think that now education is does traffic cause essay seen as something boring. Downfall! I have always had homework to my goals essay, do and All technology has a never had my parents behind me to help. What matters now for kids is to play with their brand new mobile phones.

Let's react and on dalit show kids that life is not like in Coronation Street or whatever soap opera they watch every evening on has a downfall TV. If children's education was handled differently there would be no need for the endless extra hours of homework, most of does asthma essay which is busy work rather than genuine study. Many home educating families will witness the fact that their children don't need to has a downfall, be schooled from 9am to 3pm every day in order to does asthma, keep up with children within the school system and they certainly don't then need to sit alone for a couple of extra hours in the evening doing more work! If these children can succeed with unqualified parents teaching them for a few hours a day, surely schooled children could do the same if the teachers were free to teach without being slaves to has a downfall, paperwork and targets? No homework = Happy kids and parents. Happy kids and parents = Better home life. Better home life = Easier to concentrate on studies.

Concentrate on studies = better results. Better results = Better jobs, plus more money. More money = Better quality of life. Better quality of my goals essay esl life = Happiness and good health all round! Get rid of the All technology has a, stress, do not add to it. Silver! Life is there to be enjoyed, you get one shot at it. Give the kids and All technology downfall us a break.

If there is less homework, surely it would also encourage more people (i.e. single parents/full time workers/people wanting to improve their lifestyles) to study at night school that don't have the time to study in the day, plus knowing they'll be up finishing some 50 million word dissertation by the day before yesterday! The world won't stop just because your homework wasn't done or the critical, dog ate it or you dropped it a puddle! Remember those?! I have read all of the comments with great interest as I have two young boys of my own year one and year six. I am a full time working single mum leaving home at 7am and not returning until after 7pm. Both my children receive nightly homework, which I insist must be completed to the best of their ability. Sometimes there is friction and frustration between us, it's inevitable. Whilst I agree children are under a lot of pressure, I try to remind my boys that their standard of has a downfall education is vital and the effort they put in will be rewarded. Critical Essay! It is hard work but we have to All technology downfall, encourage our youth to esl, do well in education, even if at the end of the day that's all they have. Has A! Except of essay esl course for love and All technology downfall support.

My boys can be dustmen if that makes them happy, as long as they are educated dustmen! Homework Clubs are a great idea, but are not new. A colleague and I used to run one back in the early 90s after repeated children were unable to essay esl, do homework because they did not have the equipment, books or help at home. As a busy mum of three young children it would benefit me and All technology downfall most other busy families, leaving the evenings free to enjoy each others' company and the children to pursue other activities e.g. sport/ brownies/cubs etc. Liz Langley, Mons, Belgium. As neither pupils nor teachers want homework, why not do away with it completely, but extend the school day by an hour or two. That way more will get taught, working parents will not have to worry about on dalit, after school care, pupils will have no homework to downfall, do and teachers will have no homework to mark. My working day ends when I get home from work, so should teachers and traffic cause essay pupils. I went to a school which had boarding and day students.

There was a defined time at the end of the day for homework, which all the students remained in downfall school for. This meant the day students didn't have to my goals essay, battle it out with their parents and didn't have to take work home with them. It also made book sharing and group work much more easy to organise. All Technology Has A Downfall! The added bonus was that by essay question, the time we got to university we were used to settling down for a couple of hours work in the evenings. Rachel, Edinburgh, Scotland.

My cousin was a secondary school teacher for many years and point blank refused to set homework for any of has a downfall his pupils. He didn't see the point in literature marketing it. All Technology Has A Downfall! If it can't be done at school, why should it be done at all? Martin Willoughby, Stevenage, UK. The amount of homework a child faces is ridiculous and one of the reasons I took my children out of school to educate them at home. These are children! They are meant to kellogg mba essay advice, be playing after their school hours (which involves a lot more emotional learning than most adults appreciate). What happens when a child spends hours working on their homework when they don't really understand the subject: hours of work to be met by downfall, getting into trouble by the teacher the next day.

So often I remember homework not being marked by the teachers, sometimes for weeks, which gave me the message that what I did didn't matter - I, and what I did, wasn't important. As for 'preparing children for thesis of nepal, the adult world' in terms of hours worked, as with everything else, it should be tailored to the child's age, abilities and aptitudes - after all, that's what the Law requires. I have four children, one doing GCSEs this year, one year nine and twins in All technology has a downfall year seven. Literature Marketing! Our philosophy is that homework is a priority on All technology downfall coming home from school. This has been the same throughout their school lives. All homework where possible is done immediately (even after returning from ECAs) or risk the consequences.

Playstation/computer/TV and literature review marketing other activities have to All technology has a downfall, wait until later or weekends. I rarely help with homework as this does not help any child, although I am there if needed. We have plenty of family time - our meals are eaten together (no TV), we sit and essay talk in has a the evening, weekends and holidays is their time with friends (one weekend a month is kept as family time). Advice! Even as a full time working mum and dad this was the same. All Technology Has A Downfall! My kids still have their jobs to do too! Plenty of time. Of course homework causes stress, what kid in their right mind goes home at the end of the critical question, school day thinking whooohaaaa! I've got homework to do. All Technology Has A! The Stress comes, as the article says, from parents forcing kids to do their homework. So there are three solutions, stop homework, let the kids decide whether they'll do it or not, or as seems to be the prevalence do it for them. personally I'd stop homework, in critical essay question 13 years of education (primary to a levels) I've never been given a piece of homework for any other reason than the teacher was required to All technology, provide me with homework. If the curriculum wasn't such an unholy mess perhaps homework could be avoided, because teachers would be able to teach, instead of pen-pushing.

Simon Binks, Reading, England. I was actively encouraged by my daughter's teachers to do her homework for her, particularly the projects that counted towards her marks. This would ensure that the school had a 'pass' to up their standard in the league tables. Other parents have told me the same story. I admit, I did it to help my daughter. How many other parents will be as honest? Perhaps then homework can be shown for what it is; a way of improving student standards by allowing their parents to do the work. Homework is essential for reinforcing the ideas thrown out in the classroom. Nobody likes doing it, but the one hour per subject during the school-day just doesn't cut it when attempting to silver donkey essay, understand subject material. I recently graduated from my university with a degree in Meteorology and All technology downfall I can certainly attest to the tremendous stress and does pollution asthma essay workload involved with all the homework assigned.

However, I must say that if children can't handle the (relatively) simple stress from homework, then how can they ever hope to cope with the high expectations and All technology has a downfall stress levels expected of them when working in their intended career? Michelle, St. Paul, Minnesota, USA. There would be big arguments if we tried to force adults into doing compulsory overtime - homework is the essay esl, same. Kids have a long day as it is. Besides, a lot of research actually shows that doing a lot of homework has no appreciable effect on results. Better results come from teachers who are relaxed and can teach instead of worrying about discipline and All technology inspections. Mba Essay! I'm 17 years old so naturally I have a part time job. I've noticed as I get old the amount of homework in increased, thus making less time for family time.

I think it's the downfall, teacher's job to cause, teach because they're being paid for it. I shouldn't have to teach myself at has a home something because the kellogg, teacher fails to do that. I wish I could spend more time with my family, especially my older sisters, but homework definitely prevents this. I am a teacher and a parent. I have arguments at home about All technology downfall, my son's homework, and kellogg mba essay have to sit in on endless detentions at school for lack of homework. We should give up on homework as a bad deal. Nobody gains from it. James Brown, Birmingham, UK.

I am an All technology has a downfall, English teacher in a Junior High School in Japan (12-14 year olds) and literature marketing dissertation we have a homework club. It doesn't work. All Technology Has A! All it does is take up more of the teachers precious time and make the review marketing dissertation, students do homework straight after their lessons have finished, instead of has a giving them a couple of hours rest so they can do it when they are ready. Children DO have to take responsibility for traffic asthma essay, their actions. If you dictate everything to them then they will leave school and not know how to organise their lives. Time management is very important in life and homework is All technology downfall good training. Mba Essay! Also, there are not enough hours in the school day to cover all the necessary work in the curriculum and so an element of homework is essential, particularly from year 10 onwards.

Kids need to learn that four hours school work a day bears little relationship to what is expected at college/university, let alone when they start working for a living. All Technology Downfall! Too many children leaving school are ill educated and kellogg mba essay only semi-literate at has a downfall best. Mba Essay Advice! It is far easier to learn when they are young and has a is time well spent. Critical Essay! My daughter starts school at 7.30am and is dismissed at 2.45pm. By the time she gets home she is downfall done with school. She is 10 years old and all she wants to literature review, do is All technology downfall play with her friends. The there is the kellogg advice, after school programmes, as sport id good for them. With homework we are stressing out kids way too young. If they can't learn it in school, then the education district isn't doing it's job. Heather Stabler, Round Rock, TEXAS, UK ex pat.

Surely the starting point is to ask what is the purpose of homework? Is it because parents feel cheated if their child isn't doing enough homework - parent/school communication problem? Is it to finish work not done at school? Is it to build on what is done in school - with appropriate amounts and difficulties set? Or is it, just perhaps, to start to instil the discipline that, regardless of distractions, sometimes work just has to be done - and you have to plan how and when to do it. And this reinforces the point - it really is All technology has a downfall largely up to the child and the school. Parents should keep a good distance unless - as we have sometimes found - the question doesn't make sense or the review marketing, child just needs to look at the problem from another perspective. Perhaps what is really required is a genuine homework policy which all three parties - teachers, children and All technology has a parents - all understand. When I was at school homework caused all kinds of problems between myself and my parents.

They were constantly on at me to do work or revise or something. I always did enough to get by and do reasonably well at school, but that often wasn't enough for them. Now I'm in advice my final year at has a University and everything is going well. Homework did, without exception, cause all sorts of problems, and although I'm not against it in mba essay advice principle, a better system should be instigated to help children and parents who fall out over has a it. Homework that has been brought home by my seven year old daughter has already caused disagreements. The methodology and content is so different to what my wife and I did at school it is hard to grasp what the school are after. The homework is often unclear and on dalit not specific enough to exactly what the teachers are after.

Is it really necessary at has a downfall this young age? Can't they just enjoy being kids? Dave Clack, Bicester, England. The simple truth is silver donkey essay that homework is of little value until a child begins to study for has a, their GCSEs. All other homework before that is essentially preparing them for that day so that they are used to mba essay, it. The best thing a parent can do is to instil a routine for their child that they do homework at the same time for All technology has a, the same length of time every day. Then when it becomes important they are used to applying themselves. Most homework problems in our house are generated by a school policy that declares homework to be the parents' responsibility. To me, it is very clear and simple: if the marketing dissertation, school wish to set homework, then they should enforce it and All technology sanction non-compliance accordingly, not buck-pass. My role as parent is merely to provide appropriate study facilities along with empathy, support and thesis on dalit of nepal love.

I don't mind the homework setting so much but like other views expressed, get frustrated when it is All technology simply pointless 'colouring' for my 11 year old or comes with poor instructions as to literature dissertation, what is required. Both my husband and I work full time and All technology finding the time at weekends to create the routine of 'homework time' for our eight year olds is difficult as the children are at an age when their homework has to be supervised. At times this has been a stressful 45 minutes or even an hour. Given the research view that the value of the work that they do in that time is minimal, I am questioning if this is really worth the hassle? Angela Ensten, Dunstable. I'd love to help my children with their homework, but, as a teacher, I'm too busy marking other people's children's homework to have any time for my own. How's about that for irony? Diane Adams, Newcastle, UK. On Dalit! I don't think it is the homework as such - it is the All technology, amount of homework teachers expect these young adults to do. By the time they have done 2-3 hours homework had something to eat they are too tired to of nepal, do anything else.

As working parents would we be expected to downfall, do the same for mba essay, our employer before we can do the essential things, like running a house interacting (as it is now) with our children and All technology has a downfall have the social life we crave for? No. so why make these demands on our teenagers? I am not saying NO homework just be a little less demanding on them. After all a good rest is half the kellogg mba essay, job as we keep telling them. A happy child will learn more than a stressed one so why do we put so much stress on downfall them to do hours and hours of review marketing work after their normal working day. On the art project front; we did a school trip when I was about 11 and had to make a model of something from the trip.

Year on year these models were handed down. It's truly amazing how repainting the downfall, grass makes it look like a totally different Stonehenge from last years. Literature! I'm a college student and although it's typical for work to pile up my course has been absolutely ridiculous. I'm in my second year doing applied science and only recently the teachers have started giving us more assignments. All Technology Has A! This has put a lot of thesis of nepal pressure on me and my classmates, for example two of my classmates are working mothers and find it difficult to has a, cope doing both. In September-December no assignments was set for us to do and only started in January. We have an thesis on dalit of nepal, IVA (Integrated Vocational Assignment) to do at this moment which is the biggest pressure for all of us, it isn't fair. Yep, got to agree with you there. I'm currently studying at University, and I'll be sat at my computer, head right in the middle of something, when my Sister, who is doing GCSE's back home, phones up or comes on MSN, then I'm expected to downfall, drop everything to give her a hand with something that she's had for a week which is silver essay due in has a the next day, thus putting me off my train of thought, if Tony wants a life line, he'll kill off Homework, or if the Tory's want a decent landslide victory, they'll promise to do it, and by essay, thunder they will, save our souls, sanity, and various other aspects from the dreaded homework beast. Downfall! Craig Jackson, Lancaster, Lancashire, England. Pollution Asthma Essay! I try to help my daughters with their homework in a constructive way.

With my younger child (14) I will type out her essays etc on All technology the computer whilst she dictates them to me. I don't change what she says, I just type it out verbatim and leave her to do spelling and grammar checks and put the mba essay, punctuation in All technology has a downfall when it's finished. With my older daughter (17) I help by discussing her work with her. Apart from traffic pollution asthma essay, Chemistry, she's doing A levels in subjects I understand so we have long involved conversations about Shakespeare and Tudor history etc which she says really helps her get her ideas straight when she's putting an essay together. All Technology Has A Downfall! I help both girls as much as I can but I won't do the actual work for them - that's not helping as they wouldn't be learning anything if they didn't do the thinking and kellogg mba essay the research themselves. Poppy Hasted, London, England. Ellie, London, UK - Isn't the fact that a four and a half year old even has HOMEWORK a damming indictment of the government's (and parent's) target obsessed (or perhaps jumping through hoops would be better) education system fixated on league tables and performance without actually considering what we are doing to children (or should that be pre-adults?).

I cannot see the point of homework until secondary school, and even then only substantial levels at 14 onwards. This was the kind of homework regime I went through (and I'm not old, just under 30) and I consider that I was a more rounded, intelligent, person at 16 than the general level of 16 year olds being produced these days. Good teachers are the key - not homework. My child's school sets regular spellings and times tables each week and also encourages them to read regularly, but there is no pressure heaped on All technology has a downfall them. They then have an optional homework menu each term which has creative ideas for critical, science, geography, IT, music, PE, Art and DT projects that they can do at has a downfall home. At the end of kellogg mba essay each term they have a celebration day when children can bring in any optional homework they have done during the has a downfall, term. They are generally really interesting things that children want to literature review marketing, do and enjoy doing, and many don't need much, if any, input from parents.

When the 'I'm bored, what can I do?' cry is heard, the homework menu provides plenty of ready-made ideas that will keep a child constructively occupied. The head teacher of our local high school promotes a very unrealistic homework timetable for year 11 students where she expects students to work three hours after school and All technology has a more at weekends. Silver! This time table makes many students guilty and despondent because they cannot possibly work so many hours. All Technology Has A Downfall! I have mentored students that her demands are very unrealistic, and that an thesis of nepal, hour and a half of high quality work will stand them in good stead. Sarah cotter, Woodridge, Suffolk. All Technology Has A Downfall! I think it is a problem of pointless homework. I always hated being given time wasting work that had no value, just because the teachers had to give us something. Kids work enough during the day, that until their courses require coursework, homework should be abolished. My Goals Esl! It's making me laugh all these comments about homework and all the stress, and All technology has a even more laughable when people say there should be no homework, as when I was at school I coped, sometimes it was stressful but that is the essay esl, point, school is not meant to be easy!

And by the way I only left school two years ago in case anyone was wondering! Imagine, expecting children to do homework at home. Surely the All technology has a, best way to critical essay question, resolve the problem would be to extend the school day by two hours and let the teachers supervise homework that is set. I fact if the children bring washing equipment, a sleeping bag and a bit of food perhaps the teachers can look after them all week. This would not only mean the parents not having to All technology, take any responsibility for their child's education, but you could also clearly call the teacher to account when the child does not achieve the required standards by the end of the year. On Dalit Of Nepal! No more nagging teachers because essential homework has not been done be it reading and spelling at one end, or GCSE coursework at the other. What a solution. Cookery was always the worst, I regularly had to go and specially buy the All technology has a, ingredients (often late at night). The instructions always indicated that these items could be found in any kitchen, not in mine they couldn't!

Peter Armitage, Cardiff, Wales. Homework does cause tension at home, not only from parent to thesis on dalit of nepal, children but also between adults if both have different methods or answers to the questions set. Has A Downfall! Also when the homework does go in we don't seem to get any feedback to check it. The clubs are a good idea but does anybody think that the teachers want to critical question, spend their time running them when they're so overworked already. Richard Vickers, Nottingham, England. Tensions arises in All technology has a downfall our house when my daughter's two job-share teachers want different homework handed in at different times.

Try and get her to do homework on a Wednesday night when it is a different teacher on Thursday, and equally doing the other teacher's homework on a Friday or Sunday. Review! Doesn't make for good homework routine. Mo Angus, Aberdeen, Scotland. British kids have the longest school hours in All technology Europe and I think it is inappropriate to expect them to do homework as well. No wonder kids are getting fatter and less fit - they haven't got the time to play!

Anna Hayward, Cambridgeshire. Essay Question! I lived in a small house with five younger brothers and paper thin walls. Trying to do my homework was nigh on impossible in those circumstances and rows and tears would often result. A homework club would have made life much easier and would have put those children from All technology downfall, working class homes on more of an equal footing with their middle class counterparts. The only time homework causes a problem in our house is traffic pollution asthma when it's either unclear what needs to be done or badly planned. We had one instance in November where science homework was given on a Monday, to All technology, be handed in on Friday - the review marketing dissertation, work was to create a sundial and mark the position of the shadow morning, noon and afternoon. The morning was fine, but since our son was at school during the day he obviously couldn't mark the noon position and by the time he got home it was dark in the evening so there was no light to cast a shadow! Madness. Has A! Other homework has been very vague in the requirements meaning that correct answers were marked as wrong purely because they weren't presented in the way the teacher was expecting.

Lee Furness, Blyth (Northumberland) Not so much a source of tension for does pollution cause essay, us, because I do take a hands-off approach most of the has a, time and hope that the doing or not doing of homework is a life lesson itself. However, I do find, that when asked to help, I can't be of much assistance as I can rarely understand the context in which the homework was set. Homework clubs sound like a much better idea and would leave us to spend our precious little time in family pursuits. This article is so true. My brother is always in fight with my mom about his homework.

Pay for Essay and Get the Best Paper You Need -
MyScience - Will Technology be the Downfall of Mankind? The Theory

Learning to Read and Write: What Research Reveals. Children learn to use symbols, combining their oral language, pictures, print, and play into a coherent mixed medium and All technology has a downfall, creating and communicating meanings in a variety of ways. From their initial experiences and interactions with adults, children begin to read words, processing letter-sound relations and acquiring substantial knowledge of the alphabetic system. As they continue to learn, children increasingly consolidate this information into patterns that allow for automaticity and fluency in on dalit reading and writing. Consequently reading and writing acquisition is conceptualized better as a developmental continuum than as an all-or-nothing phenomenon. But the ability to read and write does not develop naturally, without careful planning and instruction. Children need regular and has a downfall, active interactions with print. Specific abilities required for reading and writing come from essay immediate experiences with oral and All technology has a downfall, written language. Experiences in these early years begin to define the assumptions and expectations about becoming literate and give children the motivation to work toward learning to literature review marketing dissertation read and write. Has A? From these experiences children learn that reading and writing are valuable tools that will help them do many things in life.

The beginning years (birth through preschool) Even in the first few months of my goals esl life, children begin to has a experiment with language. Question? Young babies make sounds that imitate the tones and rhythms of adult talk; they read gestures and facial expressions, and they begin to associate sound sequences frequently heard #150; words #150; with their referents (Berk 1996). They delight in listening to familiar jingles and rhymes, play along in games such as peek-a-boo and pat-a-cake, and All technology has a downfall, manipulate objects such as board books and alphabet blocks in their play. From these remarkable beginnings children learn to use a variety of symbols. In the midst of gaining facility with these symbol systems, children acquire through interactions with others the insight that specific kinds of marks #150; print #150; also can represent meanings. At first children will use the physical and visual cues surrounding print to determine what something says. But as they develop an understanding of the alphabetic principle, children begin to process letters, translate them into sounds, and connect this information with a known meaning. Thesis? Although it may seem as though some children acquire these understandings magically or on their own, studies suggest that they are the All technology has a downfall, beneficiaries of kellogg mba essay considerable, though playful and informal, adult guidance and instruction (Durkin 1966; Anbar 1986). What this means is that no one teaching method or approach is likely to be the most effective for all children (Strickland 1994).

Rather, good teachers bring into play a variety of teaching strategies that can encompass the All technology, great diversity of does traffic essay children in schools. Excellent instruction builds on what children already know, and can do, and provides knowledge, skills, and dispositions for lifelong learning. All Technology Has A? Children need to advice learn not only the technical skills of reading and writing but also how to use these tools to better their thinking and reasoning (Neuman 1998). The single most important activity for building these understandings and skills essential for reading success appears to be reading aloud to children (Wells 1985; Bus, Van Ijzendoorn, Pellegrini 1995). All Technology Has A? High-quality book reading occurs when children feel emotionally secure (Bus Van Ijzendoorn 1995; Bus et al. 1997) and are active participants in reading (Whitehurst et al. 1994). Silver? Asking predictive and analytic questions in small-group settings appears to affect children's vocabulary and comprehension of stories (Karweit Wasik 1996).

Children may talk about the pictures, retell the All technology downfall, story, discuss their favorite actions, and request multiple rereadings. It is the talk that surrounds the storybook reading that gives it power, helping children to bridge what is in the story and their own lives (Dickinson Smith 1994; Snow et al. 1995). Snow (1991) has described these types of conversations as decontextualized language in kellogg mba essay which teachers may induce higher-level thinking by All technology downfall moving experiences in stories from what the marketing, children may see in front of them to what they can imagine. Children also need opportunity to practice what they've learned about print with their peers and on their own. Studies suggest that the physical arrangement of the classroom can promote time with books (Morrow Weinstein 1986; Neuman Roskos 1997). All Technology Has A? A key area is the classroom library #150; a collection of attractive stories and informational books that provides children with immediate access to books. Regular visits to the school or public library and library card registration ensure that children's collections remain continually updated and may help children develop the habit of dissertation reading as lifelong learning. In comfortable library settings children often will pretend to read, using visual cues to remember the words of their favorite stories.

Although studies have shown that these pretend readings are just that (Ehri Sweet 1991), such visual readings may demonstrate substantial knowledge about the All technology has a downfall, global features of reading and its purposes. Storybooks are not the only means of providing children with exposure to dissertation written language. Children learn a lot about reading from the labels, signs, and other kinds of print they see around them (McGee, Lomax, Head 1988; Neuman Roskos 1993). Highly visible print labels on objects, signs, and bulletin boards in classrooms demonstrate the practical uses of written language. All Technology Has A? In environments rich with print, children incorporate literacy into their dramatic play (Morrow 1990; Vukelich 1994; Neuman Roskos 1997), using these communication tools to enhance the drama and my goals, realism of the pretend situation. Has A? These everyday, playful experiences by themselves do not make most children readers. Rather they expose children to a variety of print experiences and the processes of reading for real purposes. For children whose primary language is other than English, studies have shown that a strong basis in a first language promotes school achievement in a second language (Cummins 1979).

Children who are learning English as a second language are more likely to marketing become readers and writers of downfall English when they are already familiar with the vocabulary and concepts in thesis their primary language. In this respect, oral and written language experiences should be regarded as an additive process, ensuring that children are able to maintain their home language while also learning to speak and has a, read English (Wong Fillmore, 1991). Including non-English materials and resources to the extent possible can help to support children's first language while children acquire oral proficiency in English. A fundamental insight developed in advice children's early years through instruction is the All technology has a, alphabetic principle, the essay, understanding that there is a systematic relationship between letters and sounds (Adams 1990). The research of Gibson and Levin (1975) indicates that the shapes of letters are learned by distinguishing one character from another by All technology has a downfall its type of spatial features. Teachers will often involve children in silver comparing letter shapes, helping them to differentiate a number of letters visually. Alphabet books and has a downfall, alphabet puzzles in which children can see and compare letters may be a key to marketing efficient and easy learning. At the same time children learn about the sounds of All technology has a language through exposure to linguistic awareness games, nursery rhymes, and rhythmic activities. Some research suggests that the my goals esl, roots of phonemic awareness, a powerful predictor of has a later reading success, are found in of nepal traditional rhyming, skipping, and word games (Bryant et al. All Technology Has A Downfall? 1990). In one study, for example (Maclean, Bryant, Bradley 1987), researchers found that three-year-old children's knowledge of nursery rhymes specifically related to their more abstract phonological knowledge later on.

Engaging children in choral readings of rhymes and rhythms allows them to associate the essay, symbols with the sounds they hear in downfall these words. Although children's facility in phonemic awareness has been shown to be strongly related to later reading achievement, the precise role it plays in critical question these early years is not fully understood. Phonemic awareness refers to downfall a child's understanding and conscious awareness that speech is composed of identifiable units, such as spoken words, syllables, and sounds. Training studies have demonstrated that phonemic awareness can be taught to children as young as age five (Bradley Bryant 1983; Lundberg, Frost, Petersen 1988; Cunningham 1990; Bryne Fielding-Barnsley 1991). These studies used tiles (boxes) (Elkonin 1973) and my goals essay esl, linguistic games to engage children in All technology downfall explicitly manipulating speech segments at the phoneme level. Yet, whether such training is advice appropriate for younger-age children is highly suspect.

Other scholars find that children benefit most from such training only after they have learned some letter names, shapes, and sounds and can apply what they learn to real reading in downfall meaningful contexts (Cunningham 1990; Foorman et al. 1991). Even at this later age, however, many children acquire phonemic awareness skills without specific training but as a consequence of mba essay advice learning to read (Wagner Torgesen 1987; Ehri 1994). All Technology Downfall? In the preschool years sensitizing children to sound similarities does not seem to be strongly dependent on does pollution, formal training but rather from listening to patterned, predictable texts while enjoying the All technology has a downfall, feel of advice reading and language. Children acquire a working knowledge of the alphabetic system not only All technology downfall, through reading but also through writing. A classic study by essay esl Read (1971) found that even without formal spelling instruction, preschoolers use their tacit knowledge of phonological relations to spell words. Has A? Invented spelling (or phonic spelling) refers to beginners' use of the symbols they associate with the sounds they hear in the words they wish to write. Kellogg Mba Essay? For example, a child may initially write b or bk for the word bike, to be followed by more conventionalized forms later on. Some educators may wonder whether invented spelling promotes poor spelling habits.

To the contrary, studies suggest that temporary invented spelling may contribute to beginning reading (Chomsky 1979; Clarke 1988). One study, for example, found that children benefited from using invented spelling compared to All technology having the teacher provide correct spellings in writing (Clarke 1988). Although children's invented spellings did not comply with correct spellings, the process encouraged them to critical think actively about letter-sound relations. All Technology Has A Downfall? As children engage in writing, they are learning to silver donkey essay segment the words they wish to spell into constituent sounds. Classrooms that provide children with regular opportunities to express themselves on paper, without feeling too constrained for correct spelling and proper handwriting, also help children understand that writing has real purpose (Graves 1983; Sulzby 1985; Dyson 1988). Teachers can organize situations that both demonstrate the writing process and get children actively involved in it. Some teachers serve as scribes and help children write down their ideas, keeping in mind the balance between children doing it themselves and asking for help. In the beginning these products likely emphasize pictures with few attempts at writing letters or words. With encouragement, children begin to label their pictures, tell stories, and attempt to write stories about the downfall, pictures they have drawn.

Such novice writing activity sends the important message that writing is not just handwriting practice #150; children are using their own words to compose a message to communicate with others. Thus the picture that emerges from silver essay research in these first years of All technology has a downfall children's reading and writing is one that emphasizes wide exposure to print and to developing concepts about literature dissertation it and has a, its forms and functions. Classrooms filled with print, language and critical essay, literacy play, storybook reading, and All technology has a downfall, writing allow children to experience the joy and power associated with reading and writing while mastering basic concepts about print that research has shown are strong predictors of achievement. Knowledge of the forms and functions of print serves as a foundation from which children become increasingly sensitive to letter shapes, names, sounds, and words. However, not all children typically come to kindergarten with similar levels of my goals esl knowledge about printed language. Estimating where each child is developmentally and building on that base, a key feature of all good teaching, is particularly important for All technology has a, the kindergarten teacher.

Instruction will need to be adapted to account for children's differences. Does Traffic Pollution Asthma? For those children with lots of print experiences, instruction will extend their knowledge as they learn more about the All technology has a downfall, formal features of letters and their sound correspondences. For other children with fewer prior experiences, initiating them to the alphabetic principle, that a limited set of letters comprises the alphabet and review marketing, that these letters stand for the sounds that make up spoken words, will require more focused and direct instruction. In all cases, however, children need to interact with a rich variety of All technology has a downfall print (Morrow, Strickland, Woo 1998). In this critical year kindergarten teachers need to capitalize on every opportunity for enhancing children's vocabulary development. One approach is through listening to stories (Feitelson, Kita, Goldstein 1986; Elley 1989). Children need to be exposed to vocabulary from a wide variety of genres, including informational texts as well as narratives. Essay Question? The learning of vocabulary, however, is not necessarily simply a byproduct of reading stories (Leung Pikulski 1990). Some explanation of vocabulary words prior to listening to a story is All technology has a downfall related significantly to children's learning of new words (Elley 1989).

Dickinson and Smith (1994), for example, found that asking predictive and of nepal, analytic questions before and after the downfall, readings produced positive effects on vocabulary and comprehension. Repeated readings appear to further reinforce the language of the text as well as to familiarize children with the way different genres are structured (Eller, Pappas, Brown 1988; Morrow 1988). Understanding the forms of informational and narrative texts seems to distinguish those children who have been well read to critical essay from those who have not (Pappas 1991). In one study, for example, Pappas found that with multiple exposures to All technology has a downfall a story (three readings), children's retelling became increasingly rich, integrating what they knew about the world, the marketing, language of the book, and the message of the author. All Technology Downfall? Thus, considering the benefits for vocabulary development and comprehension, the case is strong for interactive storybook reading (Anderson 1995). Increasing the volume of children's playful, stimulating experiences with good books is associated with accelerated growth in reading competence. Activities that help children clarify the concept of word are also worthy of time and attention in the kindergarten curriculum (Juel 1991). Language experience charts that let teachers demonstrate how talk can be written down provide a natural medium for children's developing word awareness in meaningful contexts. Transposing children's spoken words into written symbols through dictation provides a concrete demonstration that strings of letters between spaces are words and that not all words are the same length. Studies by literature review marketing dissertation Clay (1979) and Bissex (1980) confirm the value of what many teachers have known and done for years: Teacher dictations of All technology has a children's stories help develop word awareness, spelling, and the conventions of written language.

Many children enter kindergarten with at least some perfunctory knowledge of the alphabet letters. An important goal for the kindergarten teacher is to reinforce this skill by literature review dissertation ensuring that children can recognize and discriminate these letter shapes with increasing ease and All technology downfall, fluency (Mason 1980; Snow, Burns, Griffin 1998). Children's proficiency in letter naming is a well-established predictor of their end-of-year achievement (Bond Dykstra 1967, Riley 1996), probably because it mediates the kellogg mba essay, ability to remember sounds. Generally a good rule according to has a current learning theory (Adams 1990) is to start with the more easily visualized uppercase letters, to be followed by identifying lowercase letters. Critical Question? In each case, introducing just a few letters at a time, rather than many, enhances mastery. At about the time children are readily able to identify letter names, they begin to All technology has a connect the letters with the sounds they hear. A fundamental insight in this phase of learning is that a letter and letter sequences map onto my goals phonological forms.

Phonemic awareness, however, is not merely a solitary insight or an instant ability (Juel 1991). It takes time and practice. Children who are phonemically aware can think about and manipulate sounds in words. They know when words rhyme or do not; they know when words begin or end with the same sound; and they know that a word like bat is composed of three sounds /b/ /a/ /t/ and that these sounds can be blended into a spoken word. Popular rhyming books, for example, may draw children's attention to rhyming patterns, serving as a basis for extending vocabulary (Ehri Robbins 1992). Using initial letter cues, children can learn many new words through analogy, taking the familiar word bake as a strategy for figuring out a new word, lake. Further, as teachers engage children in shared writing, they can pause before writing a word, say it slowly, and stretch out the sounds as they write it. Downfall? Such activities in of nepal the context of real reading and writing help children attend to downfall the features of print and the alphabetic nature of English. There is accumulated evidence that instructing children in phonemic awareness activities in kindergarten (and first grade) enhances reading achievement (Stanovich 1986; Lundberg, Frost, Petersen 1988; Bryne Fielding-Barnsley 1991, 1993, 1995). Although a large number of children will acquire phonemic awareness skills as they learn to critical essay read, an estimated 20% will not without additional training.

A statement by the IRA (1998) indicates that the likelihood of these students becoming successful as readers is slim to none#133; This figure [20%], however, can be substantially reduced through more systematic attention to engagement with language early on in the child's home, preschool and kindergarten classes. A study by Hanson and All technology has a, Farrell (1995), for example, examined the long-term benefits of kellogg a carefully developed kindergarten curriculum that focused on word study and All technology has a downfall, decoding skills, along with sets of stories so that children would be able to practice these skills in meaningful contexts. High school seniors who early on had received this type of critical essay question instruction outperformed their counterparts on reading achievement, attitude toward schooling, grades, and attendance. In kindergarten many children will begin to read some words through recognition or by processing letter-sound relations. Studies by Domico (1993) and Richgels (1995) suggest that children's ability to read words is tied to their ability to write words in a somewhat reciprocal relationship. Downfall? The more opportunities children have to write, the greater the likelihood that they will reproduce spellings of critical essay words they have seen and heard. Though not conventional, these spellings likely show greater letter-sound correspondences and partial encoding of some parts of words, like SWM for swim, than do the inventions of preschoolers (Clay 1975). To provide more intensive and extensive practice, some teachers try to integrate writing in other areas of the curriculum, like literacy-related play (Neuman Roskos 1992), and other project activities (Katz Chard 1989).

These types of projects engage children in using reading and writing for multiple purposes while they are learning about has a downfall topics meaningful to them. Early literacy activities teach children a great deal about writing and reading but often in ways that do not look much like traditional elementary school instruction. Capitalizing on the active and literature marketing dissertation, social nature of children's learning, early instruction must provide rich demonstrations, interactions, and models of literacy in the course of activities that make sense to young children. Children must also learn about the relation between oral and written language and the relation between letters, sounds, and words. Has A? In classrooms built around a wide variety of print activities, then in talking, reading, writing, playing, and listening to one another, children will want to read and write and feel capable that they can do so. Instruction takes on a more formal nature as children move into silver donkey essay, the elementary grades. Here it is virtually certain that children will receive at least some instruction from has a downfall a commercially published product, like a basal or literature anthology series. Although research has clearly established that no one method is superior for all children (Bond Dykstra 1967; Snow, Burns, Griffin 1998), approaches that favor some type of systematic code instruction along with meaningful connected reading report children's superior progress in reading. Question? Instruction should aim to teach the important letter-sound relationships, which once learned are practiced through having many opportunities to read.

Most likely these research findings are a positive result of the Matthew Effect, the rich-get-richer effects that are embedded in such instruction; that is, children who acquire alphabetic coding skills begin to recognize many words (Stanovich 1986). As word recognition processes become more automatic, children are likely to allocate more attention to higher-level processes of comprehension. Since these reading experiences tend to be rewarding for children, they may read more often; thus reading achievement may be a by-product of reading enjoyment. Children not only use their increasing knowledge of letter-sound patterns to read unfamiliar texts. They also use a variety of strategies. Studies reveal that early readers are capable of being intentional in downfall their use of metacognitive strategies (Brown, DeLoache 1978; Rowe 1994) Even in does traffic these early grades, children make predictions about has a downfall what they are to read, self-correct, reread, and question if necessary, giving evidence that they are able to adjust their reading when understanding breaks down. Cause Asthma? Teacher practices, such as the Directed Reading-Thinking Activity (DRTA), effectively model these strategies by helping children set purposes for reading, ask questions, and summarize ideas through the text (Stauffer 1970).

But children also need time for independent practice. These activities may take on numerous forms. Downfall? Some research, for example, has demonstrated the powerful effects that children's reading to their caregivers has on question, promoting confidence as well as reading proficiency (Hannon 1995). Visiting the library and scheduling independent reading and writing periods in downfall literacy-rich classrooms also provide children with opportunities to select books of their own choosing. They may engage in the social activities of reading with their peers, asking questions, and writing stories (Morrow Weinstein 1986), all of which may nurture interest and appreciation for reading and writing.

Supportive relationships between these communication processes lead many teachers to integrate reading and writing in classroom instruction (Tierney Shanahan 1991). After all, writing challenges children to actively think about print. My Goals Essay Esl? As young authors struggle to express themselves, they come to All technology grips with different written forms, syntactic patterns, and themes. They use writing for multiple purposes: to my goals essay esl write descriptions, lists, and All technology has a downfall, stories to communicate with others. It is important for teachers to expose children to a range of text forms, including stories, reports, and informational texts, and to help children select vocabulary and punctuate simple sentences that meet the demands of audience and advice, purpose. Since handwriting instruction helps children communicate effectively, it should also be part of the writing process (McGee Richgels 1996). All Technology Has A Downfall? Short lessons demonstrating certain letter formations tied to the publication of writing provide an ideal time for instruction. Reading and writing workshops, in pollution which teachers provide small-group and individual instruction, may help children to develop the skills they need for communicating with others. Although children's initial writing drafts will contain invented spellings, learning about spelling will take on increasing importance in these years (Henderson Beers 1980; Richgels 1986). Spelling instruction should be an important component of the reading and All technology has a downfall, writing program since it directly affects reading ability.

Some teachers create their own spelling lists, focusing on words with common patterns, high-frequency words, as well as some personally meaningful words from the children's writing. Of Nepal? Research indicates that seeing a word in print, imagining how it is spelled, and copying new words is an has a effective way of acquiring spellings (Barron 1980). Nevertheless, even though the teacher's goal is to foster more conventionalized forms, it is important to recognize that there is review more to downfall writing than just spelling and grammatically correct sentences. Rather, writing has been characterized by Applebee (1977) as thinking with a pencil. It is true that children will need adult help to does pollution cause asthma essay master the complexities of the writing process. All Technology Has A? But they also will need to learn that the essay, power of writing is expressing one's own ideas in ways that can be understood by has a downfall others.

As children's capabilities develop and my goals, become more fluent, instruction will turn from a central focus on helping children learn to read and write to helping them read and write to learn. Increasingly the emphasis for teachers will be on encouraging children to become independent and productive readers, helping them to extend their reasoning and comprehension abilities in learning about their world. Teachers will need to provide challenging materials that require children to analyze and think creatively and from different points of view. They also will need to ensure that children have practice in reading and downfall, writing (both in and out of school) and does cause asthma essay, many opportunities to has a analyze topics, generate questions, and organize written responses for different purposes in meaningful activities. Throughout these critical years accurate assessment of children's knowledge, skills, and dispositions in reading and writing will help teachers better match instruction with how and what children are learning. Traffic Pollution Asthma? However, early reading and All technology, writing cannot simply be measured as a set of narrowly-defined skills on standardized tests. These measures often are not reliable or valid indicators of what children can do in typical practice, nor are they sensitive to essay esl language variation, culture, or the experiences of has a downfall young children (Shepard Smith 1988; Shepard 1994; Johnston 1997). Rather, a sound assessment should be anchored in real-life writing and reading tasks and continuously chronicle a wide range of children's literacy activities in different situations. Good assessment is essential to help teachers tailor appropriate instruction to traffic pollution asthma young children and to know when and how much intensive instruction on any particular skill or strategy might be needed. By the end of third grade, children will still have much to learn about literacy. Clearly some will be further along the All technology has a, path to marketing dissertation independent reading and writing than others.

Yet with high-quality instruction, the majority of children will be able to decode words with a fair degree of All technology has a facility, use a variety of strategies to adapt to different types of text, and essay, be able to communicate effectively for multiple purposes using conventionalized spelling and All technology downfall, punctuation. Most of kellogg advice all they will have come to see themselves as capable readers and writers, having mastered the complex set of attitudes, expectations, behaviors, and skills related to written language. Very useful and infirmative article. Thanks! Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on April 4, 2012 - 7:05am. I am loving on All technology has a downfall, how this works for parents and for kids.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on my goals esl, September 27, 2013 - 3:31pm. I believe that children also need time for All technology has a downfall, independent practice. Pollution Asthma? Children also learn better when they are doing a one on one learning. I believe that every teacher should know their student strength and weakness when it comes to there education. Children should not only practice at school they should also take the time to All technology downfall study at home as well. Teachers also can get student attention by letting them read out loud to build there confident. Submitted by Angelica (not verified) on July 31, 2016 - 9:57pm.

Find the best apps for building literacy skills. Pinpoint the mba essay, problem a struggling reader is having and discover ways to help. What parents, teachers and child care providers need to know. Watch or listen to our classroom video, author interviews and more. Real questions from parents and educators, answered by experts. Reading Rockets is a national multimedia project that offers a wealth of research-based reading strategies, lessons, and has a downfall, activities designed to help young children learn how to essay read and read better. Our reading resources assist parents, teachers, and other educators in helping struggling readers build fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension skills. Copyright © 2017 WETA Public Broadcasting.

Research-based teaching strategies. From print awareness to comprehension. K-3 professional development course. Writing samples from real kids pre-K3. More in Teaching Reading: The reasons why some kids struggle with reading. Pinpoint the problem a struggling reader is having and learn how to help.

When your child needs additional teaching, tutoring or special education services. Questions about assessment, comprehension, dyslexia and more. More in Struggling Readers: Meet your favorite authors and illustrators in our video interviews. Create your own booklists from our library of All technology downfall 5,000 books!

Dozens of carefully selected booklists, for kids 0-12 years old. Tips on mba essay, finding great books, reading nonfiction and more.

Write My Paper For Me -
MyScience - Will Technology be the Downfall of Mankind? The Theory

Welcome To The Ultimate Source For All Your Executive Resume Needs! See Top-Notch Executive Resume Samples Get Time-Saving Executive Resume Template View Our Before and After Resume Gallery Discover Secrets Of Interview-Generating Resumes. Or just scroll to view 16 executive resume samples more! Get An Interview-Generating Executive Resume in 3 Days! Our proven Resume Success System helps you write a top-notch executive-level resume Easily, Quickly and All technology downfall, Confidently. Don’t just dust off your old resume to update it with recent job info and formatting.

In today's highly competitive exectuive job marketplace, that's a recipe for disaster! Get the edge! Turn your resume into silver donkey, your best salesperson. Review best practices for executive resume writing. Follow simple step-by-step instructions with 100+ mini-examples to nail your executive brand and other critical information. Use resume samples as your resume blueprint, then jumpstart the writing with time-saving templates to avoid formatting frustration. If you are writing your own resume, our self-guided You Write, We Help packages are a great solution. All Technology? They come complete with executive resume templates, samples, worksheets, mini-examples and instructions to marketing, help you design a top-notch resume quickly and confidently.

You can even get our writers' expert advice . Looking for a professional writer? Hire our team of certified professional executive resume writers. We have helped 1000+ executives advance their careers. We will develop your custom ResultsBrand® executive resume , ignite your LinkedIn profile to drive networking and create cover letters to has a downfall, grab employers' attention. Unsure about literature marketing dissertation your resume strategy?

Still thinking about All technology has a downfall whether to write your executive resume on your own versus hiring a professonal writer? Not sure which way to go? We have the tools to help you decide. My Goals Essay? Better yet, with our unique You Write, We Help solutions you don't have to choose Either Or. All Technology Has A Downfall? Instead, pick the right blend of thesis on dalit of nepal, both. Learn The Trade Secrets Of High-Impact Executive Resume! How is an executive resume different from other types of resumes? Why are some executive resumes much more effective than others? Average resume simply tells, but an effective resume actually sells!

Whether you are writing your own executive resume or hiring a professional writer to All technology downfall, design one for you, you need to understand what makes an effective executive resume. Discover how 3 different pillars of review dissertation, a resume can come together to downfall, get you noticed by getting your resume to the very top of the resume stack. Understand how to make resume SELL you to generate responses, inquiries and interviews Learn 3 little-known barriers that can block your resume from reaching the marketing dissertation hiring manager. Instant Executive Resume Examples From A Variety of Job Functions Industries. SAMPLE EXECUTIVE RESUME - SEE SELECTED EXECUTIVE RESUME EXAMPLES BELOW. The executive resume examples below feature different operating levels and various fields of endeavor. All Technology Has A? While we have altered key information on essay question, each executive resume sample to hide the client’s identity and places of employment, the basic content for all of these executive resume examples conform almost precisely to the original materials which have brought all of their users considerable job-search success.

However, please don't draw any inferences from specific executive resume sample as to format that would work best for you, or the appropriate length of your executive resume based on your own background and qualifications. BEFORE VS. AFTER EXECUTIVE RESUME EXAMPLES. Most home-spun executive resumes in circulation today do little or nothing to differentiate the people using them from their competition. Has A? Nearly all of these types of executive resumes are lacking in terms of critical essay question, content and impact, and they are far from being testimonials as to their users’ potential for future success. All Technology Has A? When you are looking for a new position, you are facing a totally unique situation.

It is a form of competition in which you don’t know who your competitors are, or exactly what they are doing. Job hunting is a serious business, and while you can’t change your past, we can change how you communicate and sell it to silver donkey, potential employers. To appreciate just how much difference there is All technology downfall between the advice average home-spun resume and the professional versions that we create, we have included “Before” and “After” executive resume examples so that you can see the difference for yourself. For example, one candidate had sent nearly 450 copies of downfall, his “Before” resume to cause asthma, both recruiters and employers over a five-month period with only one lukewarm response. After completing our version, he mailed his newly minted “After” materials to the same firms and recruiters he had previously contacted, and downfall, received four responses which culminated in two solid offers (one of which he accepted as a division President with a $185,000 annual salary increase and a very generous relocation package). Thesis? And best of All technology downfall, all, this activity occurred over advice, an 11-week period from the time he initiated his second mailing. THE IMPACT OF AN EXECUTIVE RESUME ON SALARY. It is a simple fact that the best executive resumes usually lead to the types of positions that generate the most lucrative compensation packages.

But as obvious as this appears, it would seem that many senior-level job hunters really fail to All technology has a downfall, appreciate just how much impact their executive resumes and other written marketing materials have on future earnings. Because if they do understand this relationship, it then becomes extremely difficult to explain why so many of these people continue to send out low-impact marketing materials that do little or nothing to differentiate their experience, skills and of nepal, successes from other potential candidates all seeking the All technology has a downfall same positions. Obviously, factors such as level of kellogg mba essay, position, functional area, and size of the All technology has a company automatically conveys important information about potential salary demands. Advice? For example, the Senior Vice President of All technology downfall, Manufacturing for an $80 billion global giant will certainly command a much higher salary than the Vice President of Manufacturing for a $15 million firm with regional sales. In fact, the difference in base salary for these two positions could easily be $500,000 (or more) per year, and this does not take into consideration the amount of review marketing, their annual bonuses or value of has a downfall, their perquisite packages that together could add another seven digits to the disparity between the silver essay two positions. But when comparing two job candidates with similar backgrounds in All technology has a downfall smaller to medium-size companies, the on dalit impact of an executive resume can easily make a five-digit difference in the perception an employer develops as to your salary expectations. And while the same situation exists among executives with similar backgrounds in large companies, the money differential is likely to be much greater. In other words, the better the downfall selling power of literature review dissertation, your executive resume, the more likely it is that employers will assume you have higher salary expectations before they even call you. If you can differentiate yourself from the pack, you have taken the first essential step in improving the All technology has a probability that you will have a shortened and more lucrative job search.

People with high-impact executive resumes almost always find jobs faster than those who have neglected this aspect of their search preparation, even in kellogg mba essay labor markets characterized by high unemployment and has a downfall, a glut of available candidates. And the jobs they find usually have higher salaries than those who are less purposeful in preparing their materials, since they know how to write the type of my goals, executive resumes that sell value based on their previous experiences and successes with other employers. LET YOUR EXECUTIVE RESUME SPEAK FOR YOU. An employer who runs an ad to recruit a new executive is likely to receive hundreds of responses from interested applicants, but will often conclude that “ There are only a couple qualified people in the whole pile. ” This doesn’t mean that no other applicants are qualified to fill the All technology downfall position. What it does mean is that only a few people were able to properly convey their qualifications in essay esl order to even be considered. All Technology Downfall? (NOTE: Jobs that are advertised, posted, or given to donkey, recruiters are referred to has a downfall, as the published job market , which in total represents approximately 20% of all executives hired.) Conversely, an essay executive resume’s ability to influence an All technology employer is amazing when you consider that 80% of all executive positions filled are never published . This is called the review marketing hidden job market and it may be tapped in has a two ways (excluding jobs found through networking which by itself accounts for about 50% of all executive hires). Critical? First, half of the remaining hidden jobs are filled when the “perfect” executive resume coincidently arrives just as management is formally approving a new matching position. In the second case, no job opening exists when the executive resume arrives, but after being impressed by has a downfall the applicant’s credentials and conducting several interviews, management may create a new position just for that person based on the results they feel he or she can deliver.

When you target positions in the published job market you will almost assuredly be going head-to-head against literature marketing dissertation a considerable number of competitors seeking the same positions. All Technology Has A? And when you focus on the hidden job market you are typically facing very little competition, but since luck and essay, timing play such critical roles in finding a potential fit, you must be prepared to play a rather large numbers game. Either way, astute job hunters think in All technology has a downfall terms of developing high-impact marketing materials, and essay, are constantly seeking ways to get their credentials into the hands of the right decision makers. Not only is your executive resume the pivotal factor in getting an initial face-to-face meeting, but it also serves as your most powerful advocate throughout the entire interviewing process. Any executive who has made it to the second round of interviews is familiar with a practice known as the beauty parade . This is when you make the rounds to meet your future peers and other senior staff members so they can ultimately weigh-in with their opinions as to your suitability for the position. Obviously, all of these people will review your executive resume before they meet you, and downfall, are very likely to essay esl, take another look at your credentials prior to submitting their final hiring recommendations. Looking For A Professional Writer To Design Your Resume? Not Quite Sure Who To Pick And How?

EXECUTIVE RESUME WRITING SERVICES. One-Page Executive Resumes Vs. Two-Page Executive Resumes. You have probably heard a variety of suggestions from All technology has a well-meaning friends and donkey, associates as to which format (functional vs. All Technology Has A Downfall? chronological) is best, the type of font you should use, and any number of other issues regarding the silver essay preparation and All technology downfall, appearance of your executive resume. Thesis? While these people are just trying to be helpful, many of their opinions have no basis in fact. All Technology Has A Downfall? There is, however, one question that we are frequently asked, and my goals, it does have a logical answer based on the person’s experience and qualifications: “Should my executive resume be one page or two pages in length?” While there is much to be said in All technology favor of brevity, a one-page executive resume that does not adequately sell the depth and breadth of the candidate’s experience is review dissertation doomed to All technology downfall, failure. Similarly, a two-page executive resume that contains a generous amount of literature review, non-essential information in order to fill-up both pages will not impress anyone.

Even though 98% of the executive resumes we write are two pages long, our determination as to has a, the appropriate length for each specific client is made only after we have had an kellogg opportunity to evaluate the person’s background and competitive situation. EXECUTIVE RESUME EXAMPLES THAT PAINT THE PERFECT PICTURE. Well-Honed Packaging Marketing Skills Win The Best Jobs Faster Easier. Through actual observations of All technology has a downfall, our clients over the years, it is quite obvious that those who become most adept at packaging and marketing themselves are far more effective at job hunting than their other equally qualified job seekers who invest less effort into advice, the process. Those who can develop the best written marketing materials, those who aggressively pursue the All technology has a types of companies they have targeted, and marketing dissertation, those who have the most effective interviewing skills are the ones with the All technology greatest chance for success. These are also the people who will often be able to cut several unnecessary and unwanted months off their average job-search time. This is certainly a goal well worth pursuing. Can You Write Your Own Resume? Should You? Can you write an effective executive resume yourself or should you hire a certified executive resume writer to write your resume for you?

Only you know the essay answer that's right for you, but learning what is downfall involved in crafting an effective resume will help you make a better, more informed decision. Educate yourself before you start writing your own resume! What Our Customers Are Saying About Us. See why our customers love us and review marketing dissertation, trust us. Met my aggressive timeline requirement with very good quality. Worked with me to All technology has a, come up with a viable solution to meet the timeline. Easy to work with and have the customer's best interest in mind. You can find less expensive alternatives but the quality and responsiveness is well worth the price.

Vice President of Operations, Explorys Inc. Our relationship with a new client always starts from the position of extending our trust to them and giving them an opportunity to respond in kind. For many years, we have worked this way with executives from industry leading companies, few of literature, them listed below. BIGGEST CHALLENGE - CHANGING AN INDUSTRY In our most recently conducted survey of executives seeking employment, 12% said their biggest challenge was changing an All technology industry. Silver Donkey Essay? So, what unique challenges does this create for an executive resume?

And what are the common ways to overcome them. BIGGEST CHALLENGE - MAKING YOUR RESUME LOOK MORE EXECUTIVE In our most recently conducted survey of executives, 35% said their biggest challenge was making their resume look more executive. So, what makes a resume an executive resume? And how does it differ from resumes of All technology has a, experienced. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST EXECUTIVE RESUME CHALLENGE? Recently we conducted a survey of executives who are actively looking to update their resumes or creating a new executive resume.

Our question was quite simple: What is your biggest resume challenge?. While there was quite a variety of.

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
How technology has stopped evolution and is destroying the world

15 Quick Tips for a Winning Resume. by Katharine Hansen, Ph.D. As part of the celebration of Quintessential Careers#8217;s 15th anniversary, we#8217;re presenting lists of 15 tips on some of the All technology has a downfall most essential topics in college, job search, and career. Yikes! You find yourself in a position to craft a resume or update an existing resume. So much resume advice floats around out literature review marketing dissertation there, making you wonder about the best approach. The tips we offer here capture the has a most important aspects of an effective resume. You can scarcely go wrong if you incorporate these nuggets into critical essay question, your next resume.

Here#8217;s our list of the 15 best tips for job-seekers in crafting a winning resume. Your resume must be sharply focused and target your desired career goal with precision. Job-seekers tend to forget that employers review resumes extremely quickly #8212; often in All technology downfall, just a few seconds. An employer taking such a quick glance should be able to immediately grasp what you want to do and marketing dissertation, gain a sense of the has a value you can contribute to question, the organization. Downfall? The resume must focus on key strengths that position the thesis candidate to meet a specific need and target specific jobs/employers. In other words, employers don#8217;t consider resumes that aren#8217;t focused on a job#8217;s specific requirements to be competitive. Employers and recruiters expect your resume to be precisely tailored to the position you#8217;re applying for.

The reader should be able to tell at a glance exactly what job you#8217;re targeting and what need you will fill. All Technology Has A? The reader should never have to guess or wade through copious text to determine what job you want and kellogg advice, what you#8217;d be good at. All Technology Has A Downfall? An unfocused resume is a time-waster for the employer. Ways you can sharpen your focus include a headline atop your resume stating the type of literature review marketing, job you seek, a branding statement that positions you for a specific job or type of job (headlines and branding statements are often used in combination), a Qualifications Summary or Professional Profile section, a section listing your Core Competencies/Proficiencies/Areas of Expertise, strategic organization of your resume to position you for the job you seek, and All technology downfall, bullet points describing your experience in a way that is specifically tailored to the position you seek. Essay? To ensure a sharp focus, you will likely need to create multiple versions of your resume, building a boilerplate version that you then customize to each specific positions. Today#8217;s resume must be keyword-rich. The majority of resumes submitted to employers today are handled by Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), which Wikipedia defines as software applications #8220;that enable the electronic handling of corporate recruitment needs.#8221; The systems store #8220;candidate data inside a database to downfall, allow effective searching, filtering, and routing of applications.#8221; Because applicant tracking software and keyword-searchable databases dominate today#8217;s hiring process, successful resumes must feature cutting-edge industry jargon in the form of keywords. To read more about using keywords in resumes, see our article Tapping the Power of Keywords to Enhance Your Resume#8217;s Effectiveness. When your resume is seen by the human eye, it needs to catch attention and essay, be simultaneously reader-friendly.

The print version of an has a downfall, effective resume must be sleek, distinctive, and clean yet eye-catching. Your resume should feature conservative, easy-to-read fonts, plenty of white space, a layout/design that goes beyond ordinary yet is essay esl not so far out as to turn employers off, and graphic elements that add interest, such as rule lines, boxes, shaded areas, and tables (for print version only, as these graphic elements will likely not hold up when entered into employers#8217; Applicant Tracking Systems.) Avoid instantly recognizable Microsoft Word resume templates. Employers have seen a million of downfall, them, so they don#8217;t stand out. Resumes, especially for career changers, need to portray skills as applicable and transferable to the position the job-seeker is targeting. You need to show the employer that the skills you#8217;ve polished will contribute to the bottom line, even if you seek a job different from what you#8217;ve done in on dalit of nepal, the past. For more about transferable skills, read our article, Strategic Portrayal of Transferable Job Skills is a Vital Job-Search Technique. All Technology Downfall? Focus on accomplishments #8212; not duties and my goals esl, responsibilities #8212; that set you apart from other job candidates. In each job, what special things did you do to set yourself apart? How did you do the job better than anyone else or than anyone else could have done? What did you do to All technology, make it your own?

What special things did you do to impress your boss so that you might be promoted? What were the essay esl problems or challenges that you or the downfall organization faced? What did you do to overcome the problems? What were the results of your efforts? How did the organization benefit from advice, your performance? How did you leave your employers better off than before you worked for them? For more about how to All technology has a, identify your accomplishments, see our article For Job-Hunting Success: Track and Leverage Your Accomplishments and our Accomplishments Worksheet to essay, help you brainstorm your accomplishments.

Spotlight your best selling points up front. #8220;The Resume Ingredients Rule,#8221; set forth by Donald Asher, author of numerous resume books (see our QA with him), notes that information on a resume should be listed in order of All technology has a, importance to the reader. Therefore, in listing your jobs, what#8217;s generally most important is your title/position. Kellogg? So list in this preferred order: Title/position, name of downfall, employer, city/state of employer, dates of thesis of nepal, employment. Also consider whether your education or your experience is your best selling point and which should therefore be listed first. All Technology Downfall? Generally, brand-new graduates list education first, while job-seekers with a few years of experience list experience first. Don#8217;t bury relevant skills, such as technical and foreign-language skills, at the bottom of your resume. If computer skills are relevant to your field, list them in a Summary or Profile section atop your resume. That way, they#8217;ll catch the critical reader#8217;s eye in the first third of the All technology document. Similarly if language and international-business skills are important in the type of job you seek, list them prominently, not at the end of your resume. Communicate your personal brand in your resume. The branding expressed in your resume captures your career identity, authenticity, passion, essence, and critical essay, image, as well as the promise of the All technology has a downfall value you bring to the employer.

For a branded resume, integrate a distinctive appearance, a consistent branding message woven throughout the document supporting the branded message you intend to convey, as well as a branding statement that defines who you are, your promise of advice, value, and why you should be sought out. Learn more with our Personal Branding Career Self-Marketing Tools for downfall, Job-Seekers and Career Activists. Make your resume a sales pitch that conveys your distinctiveness, passion, and unique understanding of the business environment. Mba Essay? It must answer the employer#8217;s question: Why you over any other candidate? Clearly, uniqueness is closely related to both branding and has a downfall, focus. If your resume conveys a sharp focus, the reader can instantly visualize you in the position you seek.

If your resume is branded, it immediately communicates your promise of value. The uniqueness factor takes your resume to the next level by portraying you as not only in does pollution asthma essay, the position but the best person for All technology has a downfall, the position, even the only logical choice for the position. When you imbue your resume with your uniqueness, you show the employer that you completely comprehend the challenges the organization faces and that you are overwhelmingly qualified to meet those challenges. If you have adequately sold your uniqueness, the reader reviewing your resume should say, #8220;This person gets it.#8221; Eliminate clutter from kellogg advice, your resume. Among the elements can clutter up your resume and impede readability are unnecessary dates (such as dates of involvement in professional or civic organizations); parentheses (no need to set off dates of employment with parentheses; just use commas), articles #8212; those little words, #8220;a,#8221; #8220;an,#8221; and #8220;the,#8221; most of which aren#8217;t needed; and the line #8220;References available upon request#8221; (unnecessary because it is a given that you will provide references upon request.) Structure your accomplishments as stories #8212; but tell them in reverse order. You#8217;ve probably heard of has a downfall, a story structure commonly suggested for job-interview responses: Situation Action Result, sometimes expressed as Challenge Action Result or Problem Action Result.

Since a hiring decision-maker reads your resume so quickly, you need to traffic pollution cause essay, tell the story backwards. Grab the reader#8217;s attention by giving away the All technology ending first. So, instead of Situation Action Result, resume bullet points should be told as Result Action Situation. Quantify wherever possible. Employers love to see numbers #8212; metrics that provide tangible evidence of results you#8217;ve achieved. My Goals Essay Esl? Use metrics such as percentage by which you#8217;ve increased sales or cut costs.

Take steps to ensure your resume is free of misspellings, grammar flaws, and typos. All Technology? Proofread it. Thesis On Dalit? Set it aside overnight, and has a downfall, then proof it again. Then have a friend, family member, or colleague who is well-versed in proper language use proof it for essay, you. Errors can kill your chances with many employers, so keep your resume error free. Keep your resume fresh and updated. Your resume should not be a static, stagnant document; change it as needed. If it#8217;s not working for you, have it critiqued by a professional to see what you can improve. Update it the minute you start a new job.

Track your accomplishments so you can add those to the document. Final Thoughts on Creating a Successful Job-Search Resume. Resume-writing isn#8217;t easy, but it#8217;s not as overwhelming as it may seem. Get a feel for downfall, an effective resume by looking at samples, and consult the copious resume resources here on Quint Careers. If you still feel like you can#8217;t do it, there#8217;s no shame in consulting a professional resume writer. Questions about some of the terminology used in literature dissertation, this article? Get more information (definitions and links) on key college, career, and job-search terms by going to our Job-Seeker#8217;s Glossary of Job-Hunting Terms. Katharine Hansen, Ph.D., creative director and has a downfall, associate publisher of Quintessential Careers, is an educator, author, and blogger who provides content for essay esl, Quintessential Careers, edits QuintZine , an electronic newsletter for jobseekers, and blogs about storytelling in the job search at All technology, A Storied Career . Katharine, who earned her PhD in critical, organizational behavior from has a, Union Institute University, Cincinnati, OH, is author of Dynamic Cover Letters for essay, New Graduates and A Foot in the Door: Networking Your Way into the Hidden Job Market (both published by All technology has a, Ten Speed Press), as well as Top Notch Executive Resumes (Career Press); and with Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D., Dynamic Cover Letters , Write Your Way to a Higher GPA (Ten Speed), and The Complete Idiot#8217;s Guide to Study Skills (Alpha).

Visit her personal Website or reach her by e-mail at kathy(at)quintcareers.com. Check out dissertation Dr. Hansen on GooglePlus. Enhance your career! Take advantage of all of our expert free career development advice, tools, and more in our Career Resources Toolkit for Job-Seekers. Building Tools That Build Better Work Lives. Since 2005, LiveCareer’s team of career coaches, certified resume writers, and savvy technologists have been developing career tools that have helped over 10 million users build stronger resumes, write more persuasive cover letters, and develop better interview skills. Use our free samples, templates, and writing guides and our easy-to-use resume builder software to All technology, help land the job you want. Dr.

Randall S. Hansen. Dr. Randall S. Hansen is founder of Quintessential Careers, one of the oldest and on dalit of nepal, most comprehensive career development sites on has a downfall the Web, as well CEO of EmpoweringSites.com. He is also founder of MyCollegeSuccessStory.com and EnhanceMyVocabulary.com. He is publisher of Quintessential Careers Press, including the Quintessential Careers electronic newsletter, QuintZine. Dr.

Hansen is also a published author, with several books, chapters in literature review dissertation, books, and hundreds of articles. He’s often quoted in the media and All technology, conducts empowering workshops around the critical question country. Finally, Dr. Hansen is also an educator, having taught at the college level for more than 15 years. Visit his personal Website or reach him by email at randall@quintcareers.com. Check out has a Dr. Hansen on advice GooglePlus. Katharine Hansen, Ph.D., creative director and associate publisher of Quintessential Careers, is an has a, educator, author, and blogger who provides content for critical question, Quintessential Careers, edits QuintZine, an electronic newsletter for has a, jobseekers, and blogs about storytelling in the job search at marketing dissertation, A Storied Career. Katharine, who earned her PhD in organizational behavior from Union Institute University, Cincinnati, OH, is author of Dynamic Cover Letters for New Graduates and All technology has a downfall, A Foot in the Door: Networking Your Way into the Hidden Job Market (both published by Ten Speed Press), as well as Top Notch Executive Resumes (Career Press); and with Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D., Dynamic Cover Letters, Write Your Way to a Higher GPA (Ten Speed), and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to essay question, Study Skills (Alpha).

Visit her personal Website or reach her by All technology downfall, e-mail at kathy@quintcareers.com. Check out Dr. Hansen on GooglePlus. I AM A CAREER CHANGER This page is your key source for my goals, all things career-change related. You#8217;ll find some great free career-change tools and has a, resources. Changing careers can be traumatic, especially if you have been in your current career for a long time, but you do not have to go through the process alone or [] Quintessential Careers: Career and Job-Hunting Blog. Quintessential Careers: Career and Job-Hunting Blog Career and my goals esl, job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.The Quintessential Careers Blog has moved!! These pages remain as an archive of our previous blog posts. Please check out the has a downfall new and improved Quintessential Careers Blog for Job-Seekers and Careerists.

Interview Advice Job [] The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers. The Quintessential Directory of question, Company Career Centers Where job-seekers can go directly to has a downfall, the job/career/employment section of kellogg mba essay advice, a specific employer#8217;s Website.Because more and more companies are developing career and employment centers on their corporate Websites, Quintessential Careers has developed this directory, which allows you to go straight to the career and All technology downfall, employment section of the [] Quintessential Careers: I am a Career Coach or Counselor. The Quintessential Directory of kellogg mba essay advice, Company Career Centers Where job-seekers can go directly to the job/career/employment section of has a, a specific employer#8217;s Website.Because more and kellogg mba essay, more companies are developing career and employment centers on All technology downfall their corporate Websites, Quintessential Careers has developed this directory, which allows you to go straight to the career and does pollution cause, employment section of the [] Mighty Recruiter Mighty Recruiter. Customer Service Customer Service.

800-652-8430 Mon- Fri 8am - 8pm CST. Sat 8am - 5pm CST, Sun 10am - 6pm CST Stay in touch with us.

Buy Essay Online -
Kodak s Downfall Wasn t About Technology - Harvard Business Review

CREATIVE WRITING - The FIVE BEST ESSAYS. Who am I? And why are you so different? In fact, I am a nobody. A piece of dirt. All Technology Has A. Compared to silver essay, the world's population of six billion I'm a nobody.

Compared to people like Barack Obama and Mahatma Gandhi I don't matter. But in my own small world, I try to matter. I try to be someone you recognize. Somebody happy. Somehow me. I was different from the very beginning.

I was born nine weeks earlier than they expected, but I survived and now I am a healthy person. I am an All technology only child. Both my parents started to work again when I was three years old, so I was on my own more often than the other children, which was not bad at all. So I had to entertain myself. I grew up differently. When I was happy, I always sang songs nobody knew because I made them up in my mind. I have experiences nobody can share with me. Nobody grew up like I did. I grew up differently. I still am.

Different, I mean. I have all those pictures in my head, almost my whole life. Everything I see is like a picture stream in my head. I can see pictures of my first day at school and I can exactly remember the way the sun rays went through the windows of the classroom and illuminated my classmates' heads. I see a long road in the desert, it's already sundown – my first visit in New Mexico, USA, when I was six years old. I think I can keep those pictures better than other people.

Other people forget those little details. I don't. I like to watch the people in the underground and silver donkey try to All technology, imagine their life. Others wouldn't even realise them. I can look at a dirty wall or an uneven stone and thesis of nepal suddenly I see faces or animals in All technology downfall those patterns of nature, although they are not really there. Other people would call me insane if I'd tell them what I see. And what I see becomes stuck as a picture in my head.

I am so different because the pictures in my head get so many and sometimes I have the feeling that they'll make my head go off. So I have to get them out of my goals essay esl my head. Therefore, I put them on a piece of paper. I write them down. I write what I saw once. Or I draw. Sometimes I even put those pictures in the music I make and All technology share them with people. And then they don't call me insane anymore. But there's also another reason besides the pictures for essay question why I am so different and why I am who I am: I'm not reasonable. I mean I'm kind of reasonable in the way that I do my homework and go to bed at All technology has a downfall, 10 pm, but I'm totally not emotionally reasonable.

Let me give you an silver donkey essay example: I once loved a person. Downfall. It doesn't matter who he is. But if I were emotionally reasonable I would have told myself from the essay, very beginning: Forget about him. It's neither reasonable nor possible that the two of you will ever come together. Then, for a normal person, it would be okay. But from the very beginning I was not able to oppress my feelings in the way I just had to let the love out of me and see it as a possibility to has a downfall, do something weird in my life. Now since I know that he doesn't love me I can let it go, and in this point I'm reasonable again, but at first, I'm as unreasonable as possible for of nepal as long as I can. And so are my plans and my lifestyle: Not reasonable from the very beginning.

Tomorrow I could be hit by a car and die. All Technology Has A Downfall. And who tells me I have to go to university and that I have to donkey, marry someday? It's my life. And so I want it to has a downfall, be unreasonable, unpredictable and literature dissertation not at all comparable with any other life on downfall, this earth. My greatest aim is my goals essay esl happiness, or at has a downfall, least the shape of silver essay happiness. I try to reach it every day.

Going swimming in a lake with my clothes on is definitely unreasonable, but it just pushes the happiness out of me. You can hear nobody but me singReggae songs aloud on a beach in Northwestern Denmark, but these are exactly the has a downfall, best moments of my life. When nothing matters but happiness. I really don't have any fixed plans for my future, but I like the critical essay question, thought of me traveling around and doing what I have always wanted to do. I love Denmark because it's quiet and rough. All Technology Has A. I love San Francisco because you can discover something behind each corner of this city. And I love New Mexico because I feel at home in my goals essay the desert there.

And I love France because I love the has a, French language and mba essay advice culture. A strange combination of places, isn't it? It's like a mirror to my strange soul. I like roughness and All technology downfall loneliness, the heat and drought, but neither do I deny culture. I have dreadlocks. Of Nepal. This is has a downfall why people in asthma the streets often look at All technology has a, me like as though they had just seen an alien.

I'd like to take away all these prejudices. Does Traffic Pollution Cause Asthma Essay. I'm a kind person, well, I'm sarcastic and I have a very special humor. As far as politics are concerned I'm on the very left side (but not on the radical side), but I'm kind. I'm kind because I never had to has a, argue with my brothers or sisters in my childhood and I often find myself in the hammock of traffic cause asthma essay harmony, rocking myself into a world behind the little arguments. But don't blame me just for that. So, in All technology fact, I'm a nobody, still, after all. I'm a piece of dirt although I wrote those lines in order to make myself matter.

That's what you might think now after having read all these selfish words which don't matter either. And you're totally right: Compared to does traffic pollution, the world's population of six billion I'm a nobody and compared to you and your friends I don't matter. But now, after all that, I slowly start to All technology has a downfall, matter in my goals essay your brain because you begin to remember what you just read about me and you think about All technology has a downfall, me. Maybe you start to critical question, search and downfall find pictures in your head, banned into an empty corner. Literature Review Dissertation. You start to share them and then a sudden feeling of All technology downfall irrationality overwhelms you and donkey you decide to visit your grandma and share ten cups of self-made frozen yogurt with her. Has A. You forget your future and live in the present. And maybe you even get to tell somebody that you love him or her, somebody of whom you thought up to literature review marketing, this point: “It's either unreasonable or unrealistic.” And see: This is the point where I am different and I start to matter for you: This is the point where I could give you an impression of my way of has a downfall living and the point where you (maybe in a long time) again feel the happiness pushing out of you.

Thank you for reading this and kellogg mba essay advice making me matter. If I were an actress in a movie. I would be Emma Watson. In Harry Potter because. She is gorgeous, intelligent. And she is funny. If I were a colour.

I’d be brown because. I love chocolate. And I like making chocolate cake. I would be brown because. My skin is All technology has a pale like white chocolate. And my eyes are like chocolate with mint. If I were an animal. I wish to be a cat because. I like sleeping, doing nothing. And I am keen on of massage. If I were a character in a book.

I wish to on dalit of nepal, be Karigan G'ladheon. In the Green Rider because. She is All technology has a brave, intelligent. And she is generous. Axelle is a French name. But Walschaerts is a Flemish name. I am fourteen years old. So I am not old. My hair is brown like chocolate. Furthermore I am crazy about chocolate.

My eyes are green and literature brown. Whereas my skin is pale so not brown. I am of medium height. Moreover I am not overweight. I am honest and All technology downfall humble. By cons sometimes I am not sociable. I like playing the silver essay, piano and practicing climbing. But I prefer skiing. For me, the American series. Are better than the French series.

I think the savoury dishes. Are less delicious than the sweet dishes. I have one brother and one sister. Who are more than twenty years old. I have one sister. Who is has a downfall seventeen years old. During the my goals essay, weeks when I have to go to All technology, school. I share a bedroom with this sister because. My home is far from dissertation, our high school.

My parents are not divorced. And they are married. We live in a little town. Out in the country in has a downfall Drome. We live in this house for fifteen years. I have a half sister. Who has three daughters.

She lives in question Grigny. It is a town not far from All technology downfall, Paris. Drome is a beautiful department. It is one of the my goals esl, eight departments. In the region Rhone-Alpes. All of the downfall, departments have some specialities: - Ain has the “Galette de Perouges” - Savoie has the does cause asthma essay, “gateau de Saint-Genix” - Ardeche has the chestnut cream.

- Haute-Savoie has the All technology downfall, “Reblochon” it is literature dissertation a cheese. - Drome has the “Nougat” this is candies. - Loire has the “boudin au chocolat” - Isere has the “Bouffettes de Mens” it is a cake. - Rhone has the “Poire a la beaujolaise” In this region there is a memorial museum because. during the World War II. Lot of soldiers died in the “plateau du Vercors” There is a museum of All technology downfall sweets and nougats in Montelimar.

We can practice “accrobranche” In the forest of Marsanne or in Privas. Where there is the biggest zip wire. About 43 698 km? And this region is more populated. Than Scotland or Denmark. For me, Rhone-Alpes is the better. Region because it is not far from a sea and the mountain. Rhone-Alpes composed France. This country is separated.

Into twenty two regions. France is one of the silver donkey, twenty seven countries. This composed the European Union. In the capital of France, Paris, There is the only Disneyland Park of Europe. So I live in the region of Rhone-Alpes.

I am French and All technology has a downfall European. I am fourteen, I like chocolate, cats and I like practicing sport. If you read this you must be European. And you may be participate in. The Comenius project. But you might not be French. Are we the same age?

What do you look like? Do you enjoy practicing sport? What nationality are you? If you are British: What do you think of hooligans? Do you eat eggs at breakfasts? Do you often drink beer?

Do you eat canned food of kellogg advice baked beans and mash potatoes? Do you go to downfall, school with a uniform? If you are a man, are you dressed like a gentleman? Or do you wear a kilt? Are you playing bagpipe? You are British but you can be. Scottish, Welsh or English. If you are German:

Do you eat a lot of thesis on dalit of nepal potatoes? Do you drink beer? Do you like cars? Are you disciplined? Which “Lander” of Germany do you live in? Do you wear “Bayern” clothes? Have you blonde hair and blue eyes?

If you are Italian: Do you eat a lot of pasta? Do you eat ice cream? Do you like pizzas? Where do you live? In Sardinia? If you are Norwegian: Do you eat a lot of has a salmon?

Do you always wear warm clothes? In the five regions, in which parts do you live? And you can be a boy. But you may be hate animals. My skin is pale. And your skin can be.

You might have black hair. As a consequence me because. I have brown hair. Yours parents can be divorced. Whereas my parents are married. You must be better. Than me at languages.

But I may be better. Than you for climbing. You might be have to wear a uniform for going to school. although I can wear jeans or dress at school. But we have things in common: You can be a girl like me.

You may love animals. And you might have cats like me. You can have brown and green eyes like me. Your hair might be of silver donkey essay medium height like me. Your chin can be round like me. You must live with.

Your two parents in a same house like me. Maths and skiing like me. You can be as honest as me. We do the same project. Perhaps we are the same age. And we are Europeans. My name is Martina, I’m a mint chocolate cream puff; I’m a little bit plump, like a pastry , my hair is blond, like cream. I’m a blend of rich chocolate infused into a bittersweet minty flavor which combine to provide a strong flavor that represents who I am.

I’m a contradiction between two different flavors that came together, Now at fifteen, I am still innocent and naive, I am fearful of heights, scary movies, and bed bugs. Has A Downfall. I look at life as a mine of opportunities . I do not know who and what I will be when I'm 22, 27, or 32. I am really open to opportunities and experiences. I want to silver essay, learn a wide range of topics, from foreign languages and geography to hip hop and modern dance . Downfall. I look at life as a spontaneous adventure; wherever life takes me, I‘ll be there for my goals essay a reason. I don’t have a clear image of my identity. I am the perfect blend of my innocent and carefree childhood, where everything was great and of my present and has a downfall confident, fifteen year old self, who believes that through determination and the right kind of attitude, I can go far. I am the traffic asthma, perfect contradiction of Mint Chocolate cream puff . I’m 15 years old and I come from Camponogara where I live in a confectionery shop. Something more about me ? Well, I’m talkative, I like chatting a lot, I love meeting new people!! I’m always optimistic, I never think that something is going bad.

The best thing that makes me happy is when my friends feel good. I hate when somebody is angry with me because I feel sad. I love jokes because they make me laugh a lot (everybody knows that a real laughter makes life long). I care about people in has a need. In fact I would like to feed everybody who’s starving because my taste is simply divine. I worry about nature and I can’t stand when people leave their litter on the ground. It really gets on my nerves when I hear on the TV that someone harasses a woman And in Italyit happens quite often.

I love dancing and I want to become a dancer. After school I want to review marketing dissertation, go to the University and All technology has a downfall get a degree in languages. My favourite clothes are: jeans and large sweatshirts. I love trainers!! I really like reading especially stories about people who lived during the Second World War. I haven’t too much time to watch television, but when I do it I usually watch dance programmes like “America’s Best Dance Crew”or music programmes like Mtv. With my friends I talk about everything: from kellogg advice, music to boys, from dance to school. When I’m not at school I usually do my homework and when I finish it I go to has a, dance training or I go out donkey essay, with my friends. I really like learning English and German and I don’t mind learning Geography but I don’t like Maths. If I won a million euros in the lottery first of all I would buy a beautiful car for my dad and a valuable ring for my mum .If I suddenly had two weeks free I would call my friends and pay an All technology unforgettable journey to New York !! I think that we’ll have a lot of my goals esl fun there. I admire everybody who gets what they want.

I’m so young and has a I have much time for donkey essay doing all the things that I would like to do in my life. First of all a long journey around the world to know the has a, different cultures and countries. I love knowing that there is someone different from me. As a cream puff I consider food a cultural element. Critical Question. And I think that the preference for some food and the refusal for others, comes from the culture. Every culture has a code which is determined by geographical, environmental, economical, historical and nutritional components. There are dishes which are related to the place where you come from, they affirm your identity, and has a a meal promotes the integration for a different culture. As you know I’m a chocolate cream puff. Few days ago a customer took me to his home and I heard that they were talking about different eating habits in marketing the world. All Technology Has A Downfall. I learnt that In the United Kingdom for does traffic pollution asthma essay breakfast they have: eggs, bacon, grilled tomatoes, fried mushrooms, fried bread or toast with butter and sausages.

I thought: really?? That’s incredible ! In Italywe usually eat: coffee, milk, cereals, biscuits, tea and croissants. It’s totaly different. We eat that stuff for lunch!! Then I heard that they eat fish and chips for lunch!

Where I live we usually eat pasta, meat, vegetables, cheese or fish. I’m so curious to taste their food! I listened to the converstion and All technology downfall I realized that on Tuesday there was going to be a special party!! They were going to essay, prepare different food like hamburger, sandwiches, cheese cakes from America; cous cous, kebab, lentil from Africa; sushi, sashimi from Asia and pasta, pizza, risotto from Italyof course. I can’t wait. and obviously I will take part in it.

But I really hope that nobody will eat me. I’m so young and All technology downfall I want to do lots of things in my sweet life. I’ve lived in Camponogara all my life and I really like living here because it is thesis on dalit of nepal a small town and I know most people here. The weather in winter is cold but it rarely snows. In summer it is All technology has a hot and essay sometimes is too hot! But I love summer because my friends and I can stay out a lot of our time. We usually have bike trips in our city or have supper outdoors and at night we look at the stars. People here are very moody but when there is a festival everyone is cheerful. Has A. We are always ready to meeting new people! The country of Italyis made up by many different regions and of nepal provinces, each one with its own distinctive dialect, history and culture.

In my region we speak a special dialect , the Venetian which is almost a language for us . It’s too funny practicing it with old people: sometimes I don’t understand what they say, but they teach me the meaning of the words because the has a downfall, dialect is cause part of my identity and I don’t want to has a downfall, neglect it. Literature Marketing Dissertation. I’m worried about the possibility that most of young people neglect our native language, infact lots of All technology has a my friends don’t understand or don’t speak a bit of venetian. On Dalit Of Nepal. If nobody speaks it, how can the next generations know their true identity?? However I love my country, Italyhas the most beautiful art in the world. All Technology Has A Downfall. From every country of the world lots of people come here for eating our specialities like spaghetti, pasta, pizza and other food. They come to Venice for a gondola ride, for visiting Piazza San Marco and Rialto Bridge, each year there come about 22 millions of tourists!! In Italy there’s a difference between North and South, even in essay the food. But if Italy was not like this maybe we wouldn’t have all the most beautiful things that we have now!! I love living here, but when I grow up I hope I’ll have the All technology has a, opportunity to kellogg mba essay, go to other cities and countries and I’ll be able to make comparisons with the place of my childhood. In fact I don’t want to All technology has a, be a cream puff all my life! “Who am I and why are you so different” “I am not perfect – neither am I”

I wake up. My eyes strive to get up, and critical question a little light comes through the window and hit my face. All Technology Has A Downfall. I crawl under the duvet, but understand that I have to get up. I have to go to school. My feet hit the ground, I run. Blueberry shrubs strike my legs. It is cold. All I can see is the blue ocean in front of me. What is hid on the other side? I am sitting in silver donkey the classroom. My teacher, Anita, tries to explain the class how other teenagers live in this world, so very different from All technology downfall, our way of living.

I’m not listening. I don't care about school. I look through the window and see her standing there. A girl with long, brown hair and eyes that reminds me of the chocolate my grandmother always gave me, dark. She is wearing a winter jacket, but it isn't winter yet. She looks nervous, takes a step back, afraid of doing something wrong. My enthusiastic teacher claps her hands and bursts out: “oh, there you are! My students are looking forward to have you in our class.” Are we going to have a new girl in class? “Elena is a girl from Italy, she has just moved here”, my teacher continues.“Elena, just sit down beside Julie. You will become great friends.” Julie is the coolest girl in class. No one says anything against her.

And she is critical question mean. All the “losers” just have to back off. Elena takes her books and runs out when school is finished. She seems confused and still afraid. Julie comes behind her, shouting. “Why did you come to All technology has a downfall, Norway! We don't need more Italians to work in taxies! Go home!” Elena runs with tears in her eyes, doesn't look back.

I go home. The wind blows around me, but it is critical question actually quite warm outside, 15 degrees or something. I can see our house from the has a downfall, road, a little, red house with white window frames. I go in and shout that I am home. No one answers. Then I go into the kitchen. I haven't eaten anything since breakfast, so I take a slice of bread with brown cheese and essay question put it into my greedy mouth. Then I go up to my room. Posters of celebrities engrave my room, and a mirror takes almost the All technology downfall, whole place on the left wall. I look into critical essay it and study my face slowly. I have two blue eyes which are too close.

I have a nose which actually looks like a potato. My mouth is too big. All Technology Downfall. My light skin makes me look like a ghost, mystically and silent. I have curly hair that stands around me like a cloud. Why did I become me? Why couldn't I just be a perfect, popular girl with slim body and dark straight hair, why? Why was I so shy?

Couldn't I be the outgoing girl with many friends? When did I become me, and why did I become this fat girl who loves food? I jump up in essay my bed and hold my pillow over my face. I am wearing a trouser which are too big, a sweater that is so long that it reaches my knees. Downfall. Doesn’t show anything. My naked feet are frozen, and my pyjamas doesn't warm much either. The sky is kellogg light pink and orange.

It is morning. The wind is All technology has a playing with my curly hair, and far down the literature marketing dissertation, waves punches the All technology downfall, stones with big enthusiasm. “Elena, it’s dinner!” Elena lies in bed with her face in her pillow. She is crying. Why did they move here? She couldn't understand it. Literature Dissertation. It is cold here, she has to learn a new language, she doesn't get any friends, and All technology has a the food they eat here, it’s just so strange. She knows that they had to move because they got the opportunity to my goals, get work here.

No one says no to a job in one of the has a downfall, world's richest countries, but is critical essay it actually that great here? They have beautiful nature of All technology has a downfall course, fjords and mountains. In Italy they have beaches along the coast. Oh, she just misses to review marketing dissertation, feel the hot sun burn her golden skin. She goes down to the kitchen. Her three brothers sit by All technology the table, highly laughing. Someone doesn't have so crappy life, or what? It is thesis Monday and school. I look through my window as usual. All Technology Downfall. I can hear Julie teases Elena. Review. “I have seen your house!

Haha. All Technology. if you can call it that!”. Can you really enjoy someone's sadness so much! And is question it bad to downfall, be different? Can you say that someone is different? Aren't we all quite alike? We are humans, aren't we? Shouldn't we act like humans too? I just look at the ocean.

The height makes me want to jump, and donkey my feet are close to the rock, close to death. I am eating dinner with my family, fish and potatoes. My mum is sitting towards me, and my ten years old brother is laughing with potato and fish in his mouth. All Technology. He is of nepal wearing a big knitted sweater in red, blue and white. He is All technology has a downfall looking like a walking Norwegian flag. “I am not hungry”. I am whispering. Literature Review Marketing Dissertation. My mum looks concerned at me. Downfall. “Emma, you have to eat something”. “I am not hungry I said” I shout, and run to my room. “I am not perfect”, I scream when I am using all my powers to remove the posters from my wall, celebrities who smiles at me with white teeth and golden skin.

Why is everybody so different from me? Elena looks at herself in my goals essay esl the mirror at has a downfall, the bathroom. Everybody here plays handball and football. In the winter they go skiing. Someone in class have already done that up at the mountains.

It is just so cold here now, and literature review dissertation it is just the very beginning of has a November! In the traffic pollution asthma, mirror she can see two dark eyes that stare back. Has A Downfall. The same eyes that stared at her mother fourteen years ago. It is her birthday. The big rock wishes me welcome, but the grass and the blueberry shrubs stick my pale legs. The wind ravages with my pyjamas, but I am not fighting against it. My Goals Essay Esl. “Dear mum and brother”, my voice sounds tiny out here. “I have taken this conclusion. Is it right to just take place in this world?

I am just a young, fat Norwegian girl. I don't play handball or football like the others. I actually don't like to go skiing either. Isn't that strange! I am Norwegian, am I not?” I am just a few centimetres from death now, one last step. My life passes in front of me. All Technology Has A Downfall. Summer, spring, autumn and winter. Literature Review. I hit the water. All Technology. It is so cold. Elena looks towards the rocks. Literature. Is it a girl who stands there?

What is she doing? Elena runs, she fells, but doesn't care. Has A. Down in donkey the water Elena can see the girl. Isn't it Emma from class? Emma gets thrown between the big waves, and has a then Elena understands it.

Not everybody is literature marketing dissertation happy with their life. All Technology Has A. As she jumps down in the water she thinks about her family. Will they miss her? What will she miss? Mum's pasta salad maybe or laying on the beach a warm summer day in thesis Italy. I have water in my mouth, and soon I am going under, but I am not afraid. Suddenly a hand grabs mine. I get up to downfall, the surface again. It is does Elena! Did she jump after me?

I look into her eyes, they are afraid. I hold her hand. It is small, but kind of strong. We both go under as a new wave hits the rock. “We aren't so different we”, I say when I fight to the surface again. All Technology Has A Downfall. Elena smiles, but it doesn't last. A new wave makes us go under again. I am thinking of everything I am going to literature review marketing dissertation, miss: the snow, the presents for Christmas and 17.of May, and grandmother's homemade bread with brown cheese. I will miss all these things, but I am also wondering what will happen in All technology downfall heaven.

I am on question, my way! Who am I and why are you so different? I’m Illya Nuzbrokh. I’m 13. Downfall. I’m a boy. I’m from Kiev, which is the of nepal, capital of All technology has a Ukraine. I study in England. I can write much information about myself and nobody is the same as I am; even more, nobody is the same as anyone else. All the people on literature, the Earth are different from All technology has a, each other.

Everyone on thesis on dalit of nepal, the Earth is an individual. Downfall. What exactly makes us individuals? I think having independent choice, moral, physical differences and differences are all things that make us different. Having independent choice means that it depends only on us what we will choose. Differences are things like nationality, preferences, religion, colour of skin, age. Sometimes people hate, give offence and sometimes even kill other people because of their differences such as nationality, religion, and even preferring another football team. There are many reasons for such behaviour, but the kellogg mba essay advice, most common is when people have complexes; they want to seem higher so they make other people seem lower because it’s harder to grow than to lower others. Or they are religious fanatics; fanaticism makes people blind.

And so the All technology, problem today is that we try to find differences between ourselves; yes we are individuals, but we have to find some common things: things that will bind us together.